One of the most universal Christmas traditions is baking. Whether you leave treats for your delivery drivers or need something to take to your next potluck, or need something to snack on while you binge Christmas movies on Netflix.Today we’re sharing the Gia Rose Tribe’s favorite Holiday Recipes, be sure to tag us in if you try any of them yourself! :)
Kala’s Dark Chocolate Cranberry Magic Bars
- 1 cup cold, cubed, unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 12oz dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 14oz sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 350. Add butter, sugar, and flour to a large bowl and use a fork or party cutter to bring ingredients together into pea sized crumbs.Press evenly into foil lined and greased 9x13" pan.Bake 12 minutes.
Sprinkle chocolate, cranberries, coconut, and pecans evenly over the crust.Pour condensed milk over toppings and bake 18 minutes.Let cool before cutting into bars.Best if stored covered in the refrigerator.
Loren’s Sweet & Salty Turtle Candies
- Sea Salt
- Lay out pretzels: You can use pretzel twists or pretzel squares.
- Unwrap the Rolos: Place them right in the center of the pretzels.
- Bake: Bake for 2-3 minutes or until the Rolos are soft but not fully melted.
- Press a toasted pecan half gently on top of the Rolo. Press lightly on the hot Rolo to get it evenly spread across the entire width of the pretzel.
- Lastly, sprinkle with sea salt if you’re a salt lover like me. Let cool and Enjoy!
Sloan’s Velveeta Cheese Log (A Dwyer Christmas Staple)
- 1 lb block of Velveeta
- 2-- 8 oz blocks of cream cheese
- 2 – 4 oz cans diced green chiles
- Lay the block of Velveeta onto a sheet of wax paper.Lay a piece of wax paper on top.Press the cheese to flatten. The roll with a rolling pin to flatten to 1/2″ thick. Repeat with the 2 blocks of cream cheese.
- Place each sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes to stiffen.Peel one side of the wax paper away from the sheet of cheese. Press the exposed sides together.
- Lay the double sheet down on the table with the cream cheese side facing up. Peel away the wax paper from the other side of the cream cheese layer.
- Drain the diced green chiles. Spread the green chiles over the cream cheese.
- Starting at one end, roll the cheese layers onto themselves, peeling away the wax paper from the back.
- Place the roll onto a platter and surround with Wheat Thins crackers.
Darbi’s Sausage Balls
- Bulk Pork Sausage
- Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Bisquick Baking Mix
Put all ingredients into a large bowl, then use your hands to work all the ingredients together.
(If you’re struggling to get it mixed together, you can add a tablespoon of milk, as needed, into the mixture)
Form the mixture onto golf ball sized balls. You can use an ice cream scoop to be more precise.
Arrange your sausage balls on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Brad’s Smoked Chicken Dip
- 3--12 Oz. block of Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp. Liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1--13 oz. can of chicken breast
- 1 jar of jalapenos
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- Chopped red onion to taste
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, liquid smoke, and chili powder in a large bowl and mix until well blended. Dice red onion and jalapenos into small pieces, mix in to taste. Shred chicken and add to the mix.
Add chopped jalapenos and red onion to top of dip for presentation. Serve with tostitos tortilla chips.
Jessica’s Favorite Monster Cookies (in bulk!!)
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups butter
- 3 lbs. peanut butter
- 8 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp. White syrup
- 4 cups white sugar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 16 cups Oatmeal
- 2 lbs. M&Ms
- 1 lb. Chocolate chips
Mix sugar, brown sugar, butter, syrup, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter in a bowl.Slowly add oatmeal, baking soda, m&ms, and chocolate chips to the mixture. Plop onto the baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Let cool & enjoy!
Robin’s Family Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 5 tbsp. Butter
- ½ lb. mushrooms chopped fine
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg (optional)
- 8 chicken breasts halved (deboned & pounded flat)
- 1 ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ heavy cream
- ½ chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Add mushrooms, salt & pepper. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms turn very dark and absorb butter. Remove from heat, stir in breadcrumbs and nutmeg. Divide the mushrooms into 8 portions and place each portion in the center of each chicken breast. Fold the chicken around the stuffing and place seam side down in a shallow buttered baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and brush over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and pour heavy cream and chicken broth over. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly brown.
LeAnn’s Russian Teacakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla thoroughly. Stir flour and salt together then blend it into the butter mixture.Mix in nuts and chill dough.Heat oven to 400 degrees. Roll in 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. (Cookies do not spread.) Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set but not brown. While still warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool. Roll in sugar again. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Jodeci’s Grandma Judy’s Peanut Butter Fudge
- ⅔ Cup Evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 jar marshmallow creme (7.5 oz.)
In a small saucepan, heat milk and sugar until a soft ball is formed ( approximately 10 minutes). Remove from heat and add jar of marshmallow creme and 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter. Mix well. Pour mixture into an 8 inch greased baking pan. Let cool for 20 minutes and cut when firm. Enjoy!
Kala’s Almond Tea
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- *heat on stove until sugar is dissolved
- 4 cups brewed black tea
- 1 T. Almond Extract
- 1T. Vanilla Extract
- 4 T. Lemon juice.
*Add to sugar and water mixture and heat to desired temperature.
Bailey’s Decadent Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 premade chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 12 oz. non-dairy whipped topping
- 1--11 ¾ oz jar smuckers Hot fudge topping
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. Smuckers hot fudge topping
- 2 tbsp. Peanut butter
In a medium bowl, beat together peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Gently fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Spoon mixture into pie shell. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie. Reserving 2 tbs. hot fudge, place remaining hot fudge into microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.Stir. Spread hot fudge topping over pie to cover peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until serving time. Just before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping over the hot fudge layer. Then drizzle the rest of the hot fudge and peanut butter over the pie.